tumblr and trends and fucking stans

by SIROSIIS

It's annoying, sometimes, following fashion through social-media (namely, Tumblr). You're essentially seeing trends develop, become something new and popular. So it's hard to figure out why these upcoming trends are even "new" in the first place. I'm not saying I start trends, or that I'm better than them. Definitely not. Because...let's be real here. I'm not a trend-setter, in any way at all. But I mean, come on, everything was someone's idea at some point, right?

But still, when people "stan" (OMG I hate that word) things, for example, the "goth-ninja" and it becomes an overwhelming repetition of reblogs and posts through photosets and Rick Owens fashion shows, what is actually new about any of it? How is it cool or new anymore? It's just people liking something because of the fact that it's popular at a certain time. And that's just annoying.

And honestly speaking, the fact there is a name for any given style (for example, "goth ninja"????) already defeats the purpose of the organic idea, no? Because really, once you try to achieve a certain look through its trend-name, you've become an artificial manifest of its organic idea. You've become a literal trend. But trends, really, are old.

Anyway, I'm getting too philosophical and I'm thinking way too much about nothing. I'm seriously not hating on trends, because I follow them too.

I went shopping today and tried to buy a pair of New Balance sneakers.
They didn't have my size though :,(